EtsyMetal Blog Carnival- Ring A Day favourites

This month's EtsyMetal Blog Carnival question asks about our ring a day project - "What is your favorite Ring A Day so far?" Of my own rings I've picked three.

Favourites from my own work
Day 3, Ring #3. Made of a peel-off facemask (cucumber) and ink.

6/365 peel-off-facemask and 18 garnets
Another ring made of peel-off-facemask, this one encrusted with garnets. Like growths or barnacles.



Another favourite of my own was made of sterling silver and chocolate ice cream. I've been (half)joking about making an ice cream ring from my Floating saucer series for years.

Most of my daily rings were a little experiments, made from recycled materials, beauty products and bits of found objects from around the house. The month of January was about impractical fun things, ideas I've had in the back of my mind.

Favourites from EtsyMetal
Below are a few of my favourites made by others in the group. Though I could quite easily post a dozen or so more. Visit the Ring a Day group on Flickr to see more.

metalriot.


Another lovely ring from daniellemillerjewelry, Sterling silver, plastic balloon value, balloon


daniellemillerjewelry, Ice on vine.


mikeandmaryjewelry. Love a ring on fire.


Laurie Brown
peanut box ring. Took 9 hours to make and 9 casting tries. Well worth the effort I think! I would gladly eat peanuts from this on a daily basis.

Visit the blogs below to read more favourites from EstyMetal members.
Alisa Miller alisamiller.blogspot.com
Colleen Baran SeeSeeBe.blogspot.com (me)
Danielle Miller daniellemillerjewelry.blogspot.com
Stacey Hansen wildflowerdesigns.blogspot.com
Chris Parry chris-parry.blogspot.com
kerin rose kerinrose.blogspot.com
Sara Westermark sarawestermark.blogspot.com
Victoria Takahashi vtakahashi.blogspot.com
Su Trindle quercussilver.blogspot.com
Nina Dinoff ninadinoff.blogspot.com
Maureen "Cosmo's Moon" cosmosmoonjewelry.blogspot.com
Thomasin Durgin metalriot.blogspot.com
Beth Cyr bcyrjewelry.blogspot.com
Caitlyn Davey/discomedusa discomedusa.typepad.com
Catherine Chandler catherinechandler.blogspot.com

Comments

Quercus Silver said…
We have chosen similar rings, I guess the fun of this project has affected us both.
ColleenBaran said…
So we did!

And I almost picked Tomi's button ring so it could have been even closer.
Colleen, I am honored that you picked two of my rings to feature! This project has really been a breathe of fresh air for my creativity. I can't wait to see what the year produces for all of us...

Popular Posts